Tingstenene (The Court Stones)

Nobody knows for how long the court stones have been placed at the town square in Ringsted.

According to history, the stones were Zealand's Landsting until royal power took over, but they were still used when paying homage to the kings.

As late as the 8. July 1584 the later Christian IV received homage as king. The landsting still exists in Copenhagen under the name of Østre Landsret (Eastern Court of Justice).